– by Karol, junior – Holiday lights! Shining so bright! This school year, students put on another Christmas concert filled with new fun elements, such as using holiday colored lights, and newer songs. Led by Mrs. Probus, the Christmas concert’s theme was Being led to Bethlehem and Called to Christ. Preschool, elementary, and Jr./Sr. High were combined in one concert … Read More
Jingle bells and all is well Music concerts at FBTA
– by Cayli, sophomore – From the chilly nights and festive decorations, to the yummy hot cocoa and warm Christmas cookies, music seems to be something that brings most of the joy and holiday cheer to many students and staff at FBTA. This year, the Christmas concerts were virtual, with the elementary concert prerecorded and livestreamed on Dec. 8, and … Read More
Choirs and a mobile orchestra How has COVID-19 affected music at FBTA?
– by Zachary, freshman – During the COVID-19 pandemic, many people could not attend music lessons because they were stuck in their homes. At the start of the school year, the reopening of music classes was delayed as the staff figured out how to disinfect the class area and to social distance. “We’ve realized that spreading out more helps provide … Read More
NODACS?! Thoughts about ODACS cancellation
– by Andrew C, junior – Just days before the school was closed for the rest of the year, Mr. Bradford called the junior and senior high students into the chapel room to announce the cancellation of 2020 ODACS, causing mixed feelings for everyone in the room. Although the elementary grades were able to compete in ODACS, this was the … Read More
Busy, busy, busy! Students prepare for the busy ODACS season
– by Haston H, senior – After Christmas break, FBTA students from 4th to 12th grade are hurled into one of the busiest times of the year. From speech classes to debate run-offs, there is always a bizz-buzz about the school. Students eagerly prepare for the chance to represent their school during ODACS competition using their God-given talent. “While this … Read More
A senior farewell to the Christmas concerts The senior class celebrates their final concert
– by Andrea B, senior – On Dec. 10, the junior and senior high choirs held their annual Christmas concert with director Dr. Michael Baldwin. The senior class met up at the Christmas tree and took their last group picture of 2019. The instrumental concert is Dec. 19, at 7:00 p.m. You won’t want to miss the orchestra and handbells … Read More
Elementary concert 3 French hens, 2 turtle doves, 1 awesome performance
– by Ava J, junior – On Dec. 4, the elementary students began the Christmas season by singing Christmas carols and songs, serenading friends and family, in the auditorium and over live-stream. During the performance, a special group of students also played handbells, while the rest of the elementary choir sang.
Music, anyone? ODACS Band and Choir Festival
The 2019 ODACS Band and Choir Festival was hosted by Landmark Christian School in Richmond on Nov. 21-22. Mr. Eric Woods conducted the symphonic band, and the guest director for the Concert Choir was Captain Joel DuBois. Mrs. Lois Whitlock, Bethel Christian School in Hampton, conducted the Concert Band.
The sound of spring Academy spring concert
– by Liza F, junior – ODACS being over doesn’t mean that FBTA has stopped participating in great music programs. As the school year comes to an end, FBTA held its final concert of the year. The concert consisted of many of everyone’s favorite ODACS songs along with a few new songs. The program began with the handbell choir presenting … Read More
Making a joyful noise The BJU brass group performs in chapel
– by Nathan H, senior – Chapel in the auditorium always means there’s going to be some sort of special event, and this time was no different. Students eagerly made their way to the auditorium wondering what was going to happen. The brass instrumental band from Bob Jones University performed a variety of pieces, from “Mary had a Little Lamb” … Read More
- Page 1 of 2