– by Andrew C, junior – Just days before the school was closed for the rest of the year, Mr. Bradford called the junior and senior high students into the chapel room to announce the cancellation of 2020 ODACS, causing mixed feelings for everyone in the room. Although the elementary grades were able to compete in ODACS, this was the … Read More
– by Haston H, senior – After Christmas break, FBTA students from 4th to 12th grade are hurled into one of the busiest times of the year. From speech classes to debate run-offs, there is always a bizz-buzz about the school. Students eagerly prepare for the chance to represent their school during ODACS competition using their God-given talent. “While this … Read More
– by Andrea B, senior – On Dec. 10, the junior and senior high choirs held their annual Christmas concert with director Dr. Michael Baldwin. The senior class met up at the Christmas tree and took their last group picture of 2019. The instrumental concert is Dec. 19, at 7:00 p.m. You won’t want to miss the orchestra and handbells … Read More
– by Ava J, junior – On Dec. 4, the elementary students began the Christmas season by singing Christmas carols and songs, serenading friends and family, in the auditorium and over live-stream. During the performance, a special group of students also played handbells, while the rest of the elementary choir sang.
The 2019 ODACS Band and Choir Festival was hosted by Landmark Christian School in Richmond on Nov. 21-22. Mr. Eric Woods conducted the symphonic band, and the guest director for the Concert Choir was Captain Joel DuBois. Mrs. Lois Whitlock, Bethel Christian School in Hampton, conducted the Concert Band.
– by Liza F, junior – ODACS being over doesn’t mean that FBTA has stopped participating in great music programs. As the school year comes to an end, FBTA held its final concert of the year. The concert consisted of many of everyone’s favorite ODACS songs along with a few new songs. The program began with the handbell choir presenting … Read More
– by Nathan H, senior – Chapel in the auditorium always means there’s going to be some sort of special event, and this time was no different. Students eagerly made their way to the auditorium wondering what was going to happen. The brass instrumental band from Bob Jones University performed a variety of pieces, from “Mary had a Little Lamb” … Read More
– by Caleb D, senior – The resolution and climax of the competition season here at Fairfax is the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS) National Fine Arts Competition in Greenville, SC, for Christian high school students across the nation. Each year during the closing awards ceremony, the AACS officials choose a handful of performers to showcase their performance in … Read More
– by Connor D, senior – At the beginning of this 2018-19 school year, Mr. Probus, FBTA alumni, was asked to help revive the academy handbell choir. After a semester of practicing only twice a week, the handbell choir outdid themselves, placing 1st at both the regional and state competitions and advancing further on to the national competition at Bob … Read More
– by Caleb P, sophomore – Splitting our annual Christmas concert into three separate events would seem at first to not be a good idea during an already stressful month. But this was not the case. More time to prepare for the concert and less time for each concert were both beneficial and the advantages were seen during each concert. … Read More
- Page 1 of 2