FBT Academy is beginning soon for 2021-2022. Please call the school office for more information. 703-323-8100.
In all the “hecticness” of the spring pandemic, we missed reporting on the amazing season of our varsity girls’ basketball team. Coached by Mrs. Tripp, the girls had a winning season with 7 wins and only 2 losses, winning 1st place at the Valley Tournament in January, and taking 2nd place in the ODACS Class AA State Basketball Tournament at … Read More
Final page submissions for the 2020 yearbook were due on March 16. The entire school closed down on March 13. “We were so fortunate to have had that last yearbook marathon the week before to take any final missing pictures,” said Mrs. Dyck, advisor. “If we had closed one week earlier, we would have missed capturing so many events. I … Read More
– by Alexandra, freshman – The senior teen banquet was canceled in the midst of the Covid-19 statewide shutdown and stay-at-home orders which began in March. However, this Friday, May 29, northern Virginia will have a Phase 1 Reopening, and Phase 2 is just around the corner. By July northern Virginia should be in a Phase 3 re-opening, making it … Read More
– by Caleb, junior – The senior class usually goes on a once-in-a-lifetime senior trip for one week to NY and the Wilds, but due to Covid-19, the trip got postponed. However, this change wasn’t going to make the week a complete bust. Through the power of a Zoom meeting, Mr. Bradford told the senior class that they could take … Read More
– by Amy, senior – Quarantining has caught students and workers by surprise. On March 23, Virginia State Governor Ralph Northman announced all schools in the state would be shut down for the rest of the school year, provoking chaos among adults and some celebrations among the students; however, the celebrations were short-lived as many realized the serious spreading of … Read More
Interested in enrolling your child at FBTA? We are hosting an Open House on Tuesday, Jan. 21, at 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Please plan to join us to take a tour of the facilities, meet the administrator and teachers, and learn more information about the opportunities offered at FBTA. Call our academy office at 703-323-8100 for more information.
– by Kiersten G, senior – On Jan. 11 and 12, the 7th-12th graders will be putting on the play, “God Meant It for Good,” a production that tells the story of Joseph. The play will be directed by Pastor Abbey and Mrs. Darby, event coordinator. The directors began auditions during the second week of school, and they posted the … Read More
– by Ava J, junior – On Oct. 15, FBTA is holding a school-wide fundraiser called the Patriot Pace, which is a walking, jogging, and running event. Students from K4-12th grades collect sponsors, and run around the soccer field to raise money for the school. A sponsor can contribute money for every lap a student runs or give a flat … Read More
- Page 1 of 2